Category: BBMC News

BBMC 2021 Latest Update

Following the Government’s recent announcements, we have reviewed the options for holding the BBMC this year and we feel that even by May 2021 it is unlikely that we will be able to hold the event.

After considering various options, including running an event later in the year, we have made the decision to move BBMC 2021 to a Virtual Event in order to protect the operational capability of our team members and also the remote communities that the event is held in.

We will be sending information out in early April to allow you to sign up to our Virtual Event Platform (RaceTracker) to complete the challenge which will start on the 15th May.

We really hope that many of you, with restrictions allowing, will get out in the hills and complete the event or distance on the day, or even complete the route on any day over the 30 days the event is open.

The BBMC is our major fundraising event and as a charity enables us to continue our life saving service and your support is greatly appreciated.

Registration for the virtual BBMC will open early in April 2021.

Big Black Mountains Challenge 2021 – Update

As most of you will know, the pandemic resulted in the cancellation of our 2020 BBMC. After careful consideration we feel that even by May 2021 it is unlikely that we will be able to hold the event.

We have, therefore, made the decision to hold a revised event in November 2021. It will be a scaled down event due to shorter days but should still provide a beautiful day out in the mountains. We will publish more information later in the year and entries will open in June 2021.

The BBMC is our major fundraising event and as a charity enables us to continue our life saving service and your support is greatly appreciated.

Big Black Mountains Challenge – COVID19 update

To All our BBMC 2020 competitors,

We wish to reassure you that we are keeping an eye on the current developments regarding COVID19. Currently, outdoor events have not been identified as requiring cancellation, and there are a number of measures that can be taken to further reduce risk. However, in light of the announcements of Monday 16th to reduce unnecessary contact, in the coming weeks it may be necessary to postpone Big Black Mountains Challenge until later in the year or cancel this years event. The organising committee will continue to monitor the situation and will make a decision by the end of March. Please continue to check our website and social media accounts for further updates